Wednesday 16 April 2008

Bird Casualty

Birds in my garden are forever flying into the window with a thud. More often than not they shake themselves and get up and fly away. I thought this little greenfinch was dead as it wasn't moving. When I touched it it closed its spread wings and stood up. It remained in a dazed state for about 20 minutes and I was just going to move it to the hedge where I though it would be safer when it spread its wings and flew off.


A couple of days ago there was a louder thud than usual and when I went in the kitchen to see what is was I was surprised to see a kestrel sitting there with a blackbird in its talons. I rushed to get the camera but was too late. It had flown off with its prey leaving a mass of feathers. I think it must have hit the window as it swooped for the kill.

No comments: