Thursday 22 August 2013

Gharry's travels.

Gharry has been on a trip to London and here is what he saw along the South Bank.

London Bridge is falling down.  It was a bit windy and Gharry was worried he might fall in the river.

Wouldn't like to live here


This is the Globe Theatre of William Shakespeare fame.


Another precarious balancing act to see St Paul's Cathedral across the river


This brought out the thespian in me, Gharry and Sir Larry (Olivier) playing Hamlet.



And this lovely old man is Nelson Mandela.


 The tall glass structure to the left of the church is The Shard, which is the tallest building in the European Union. 


The Golden Hind, the ship in which Sir Frances Drake circumnavigated the globe (not the Globe Theatre by the way!)


Another bridge across the river, but can't remember which one, there are so many of them.


3 comments:

Donna said...

Great pictures! I wish I had packed myself in that parcel so I could see all those things as well. Looks like you had a really busy weekend in London.

Anonymous said...

I must see London (and Wales) someday. They are on my bucket list. Love your photos.

Anonymous said...

My bucket list includes the UK and Ireland. Your pictures are great!