Friday 24 January 2014

New quilted patchwork cushion.

For Christmas I requested a rotary cutter and board and ruler so I could do some patchwork and quilting. I had done a bit before but thought the job would be easier with the correct tools.  My first attempt is a quilted patchwork cushion which I found on one of the many craft blogs that I like to look at which is called Sew Mama Sew.  Eventually managed the cutting with a little trial and error but I am pleased with the outcome even though some of my corners don't match very well.  I made my own continuous bias binding for the first time too.  Now to try one a little different, maybe arrange the triangles in a different pattern. 


3 comments:

Donna said...

The corners all look perfect to me! Well done!

Anonymous said...

So that's what you've been up to! Quilting has always held some attraction for me as well. Maybe someday. This is flawless as far as I can see.

Sheila Khan said...

Thanks you both. I have more planned, watch this space.